Western Australia is currently in Phase 4 of the WA Government’s COVID-19 WA roadmap meaning;
- There is no limit on the number of patrons permitted in a venue, however, the 2 square metre rule and physical distancing apply.
- At WA’s major sport and entertainment venues, a 50 per cent capacity rule applies. Unseated performances are permitted at venues such as concert halls, live music venues, bars, pubs and nightclubs.
- As of Saturday, 24 October, the maximum capacity for a seated performance or seated entertainment that is ticketed and takes place in a seated entertainment space is 60 percent.
COVID 19 and Events in WA
- Events of more than 500 people that require a Local Government Authority approval must be supported with COVID Event Guidelines and COVID Event Plans.
- COVID Event Guidelines and Plans ensure event organisers play their role in keeping Western Australians safer, reduces the potential risk and spread of COVID-19 and gives event-goers more confidence to attend and participate in events.
- The COVID Event Plans will need to consider and identify public health measures to ensure the safety of patrons including physical distancing requirements, hygiene and cleaning regimes, and staff management.
- If you are planning or staging an event, please ensure you continue to follow the Department of Health advice, comply with the guidelines and has acquired the necessary approvals.
- Important links and information;
For further information, please check the Department of Health for up-to-date advice - and keep in touch with your local government for the necessary approvals.